The Central Europe Energy Partners (CEEP) in cooperation with the European Commission (DG Energy) have already organized four editions of the Central European Energy Day (CEDE) in Brussels. This year, the Polish Electricity Association (PKEE) will be a partner of the event.
In 2020, CEEP also intends to continue to promote the Central European point of view on the key developments in the European energy policy. The main goals of the CEDE initiative are to provide comprehensive information concerning the ongoing transition of the Central European energy sector and to discuss the challenges and opportunities related to this process. The event will also demonstrate how companies transform their businesses in line with the EU policy objectives taking into account the local, national and regional specificities.
The 5th edition of CEDE will focus on offshore wind development in Central Europe, particularly in the Baltic, Black and Adriatic Seas. Wind energy has become a major driver for RES deployment in Europe and around the world – and it seems fundamental to reaching Europe’s climate and energy targets in an effective way.
CEDE is a place to take a closer look at all the aspects of offshore wind business in Central Europe and discuss different solutions.
The event will host Mme Commissioner Kadri Simson and the Lithuanian Minister for Energy – Mr. Zigmuntas Vaiciunas, as keynote speakers, together with a number of key energy experts from the European Commission.
List of confirmed speakers so far:
- L. Jesień, Chairman of the Board of Directors of CEEP and Director of International Cooperation PSE, S.A M. Kawnik, Executive Director of CEEP Ž. Vaičiūnas, Minister for Energy of Lithuania K. Simson, Commissioner for Energy, European Commission C. Sikow-Magny, Director of the Internal Energy and Market, European Commission, DG ENER P. Abreau Marques, Head of Unit of Renewables and CCS policy, European Commission, DG ENER J. Balke, Head of Unit of Network and Regional Initiatives, European Commission, DG ENER J. Buzek, Member of the European Parliament, ITRE Committee B. Badea, CEO, Hidroeletrica G. Dickson, CEO, WindEurope G. Gorski, COO, Ocean WINDS L. Varanavičius, Chief Strategist, LITGRID G. Visan, Energy Markets and Commercial Director, Transelectrica H. Sutter, CEO, Eesti Energia M. Morawiecka, CEO, PGE Baltica U. Strodbæk, Vice President, Head of Regulatory Affairs, Ørsted R. Zukas, CEO, EPSO-G
- M. Kawnik, CEEP Executive Director
- Ž. Vaičiūnas, Lithuanian Minister of Energy
- K. Simson, Commissioner for Energy, European Commission
- C. Sikow-Magny, Director Internal Energy and Market, European Commission, DG ENER
- P. Abreau Marques, Head of Unit for Renewables and CCS Policy, European Commission, DG ENER
- J. Balke, Head of the Network and Regional Initiatives Unit, European Commission, DG ENER
- J. Buzek, Member of the European Parliament, ITRE Committee
- B. Badea, CEO, Hidroeletrica
- G. Dickson, CEO WindEurope
- G. Gorski, Chief Operating Officer, Ocean WINDS
- L. Varanavičius, Chief Strategist, LITGRID
- G. Visan , Director Energy Markets and Trading, Transelectrica
- H. Sutter, CEO, Eesti Energia
- M. Morawiecka, President of the Management Board of PGE Baltica
- U. Strodbæk, Vice President, Head of Regulatory Affairs, Ørsted
- R. Zukas , CEO, EPSO-G
Participation at this event is free of charge but registration is compulsory. This year in light of the situation with COVID-19, the conference will be held online. We look forward to welcoming you on the 2nd December 2020! registration This year in light of the situation with COVID-19, the conference will be held online. We look forward to welcoming you on the 2nd December 2020!
More information: https://www.ceep.be/cede-2020/